Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Unbearable stomach and back pain during periods. Which medicines can I take?

My wife is 23 years old. She is facing some problem. While her period time she will get waist pain and belly pain. Sometimes this pain will be increase and she can’t control. So I just want to know why it’s happening and if the pain will be more can she take any medicine if so then what medicine? Please help on this.
Asked On : Mon, 28 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Sports Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcaremagic,
This condition is known as dysmenorrhoea. This occurs because of the congestion in the pelvis.
Usually after marriage it disappears but in some cases it persists which require thorough investigation and subsequent treatment by the gynecologist.
Antispamodic and anti inflammatory drug may help her to releive the symptoms. But to my opinion you have to consult gynecologist for that also rather to take otc medicines.
Answered: Tue, 29 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor