Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Unbalanced scalp after head injury, painful. Done x-ray

hi, when i was a child both sides of my scalp was balanced but like 9 year ago i got hit by a stone an now one side o my scalp is very unbalanced.the place swollem is not even the place that was hit.when i press there soemtimes,i feel a slight pain.i took and xray and scan and they said my skull is balanced so it is likely a problem with my very desperate for help
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

The problem you have described is a minor one, and there is no need to worry about it.

Abnormal shape of skull or unbalanced scalp would not lead to any problem, whatsoever at this stage.

The fact, that your CT scan and X rays are normal, is also reassuring.

For pain relief, analgesics such as ibuprofen may be useful.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
Answered: Thu, 8 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor