Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Unable to write or hold properly with my right hand. Took medication prescribed by neurosurgeon. No relief. Cure?

good afternoon sir,
i am ajay kumar from allahabad studying in NIT raipur. sir from last two year i am not able to write from my right hand or to hold somthing properly. i feel stretch in thumb and pain at the joint of wrist and palm.i consult with neurose
rgeon and took medicine for two month but did not get relief. sir please suggest me what shold i do?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello. Symptoms mean there trapping a nerve in the hand.
When a nerve is trapped, there is pain and lack of strength
in the muscles it innervates.
Your neurosurgeon has to request a nerve conduction study, to know at what level the nerve is trapped.
After study ,treatment will establish.
Local infiltration may be a treatment but if trapping is very important , surgery is the right treatment.
I wish you good health
(In case the answer would have been useful please indicate this)
Answered: Sat, 6 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Monika Yadav's  Response
hi ajay,

you are too young to have a neuro problem though it could be a possibility.Ajay you have not mentioned wether you are able to do any other work with your right hand as doing your day to day routine work.if you are able to do so,that means the power,strength of the hand remains normal,.As for the inability to write,could be a disease called,carpel tunnel syndrome which happens in students or person using excessive of computer,typing a per me nothing very serious,you need to consult an rule out involvement of other reasons,please go for MRI head and spine.It will be good to take an advise from your physician near by.
take care and all the best .
Answered: Sat, 6 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor