Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Unable to retract foreskin of my penis

The foreskin of my penis does not retract properly. Is this a problem? What should I do for it?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Nov 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  2767
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
The condition you have described is called phimosis. For this you will need to see a general surgeon or an urologist in person. After a physical examination the appropriate treatment will be suggested. The treatment for this condition is surgery- circumcision. The foreskin will have to be excised; it is usually done under local anesthesia. You can get back to normal work in a day and the sexual activity within a month. All the general surgeons and the urologists do this kind of surgeries.
Answered: Fri, 4 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor