Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Unable to remember things. Memory messed up. How to retrieve memory?

Hello, I do not know if there is actually something wrong with me or not. I would like to ask a doctor about it though for the possibility of doing something about it. So basically my memory is sort of messed up. I am only 18 years old and I do not have any medical problems. The only problem I am seeing is that I remember things that happen is a different way then they should be remembered. For example: I did something yesterday but I could have swore I did it today until hard facts prove me wrong. To be honest I usually can not remember what I did in the morning in some cases. I will wake up, do something things and then if someone ask me what I did this morning 10 hours later I will not remember and if I do remember it is actually what happened a previous day. My memory has been pretty flawed like this for a long time and I wish I could improve it somehow. There may be no medical issue with me but I thought I would ask someone about it. Thank you for your time, I am hoping for an email =)
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hi ritysayoo ,

18 Yrs old , Memory disturbance.

Is there any h/o head injury in recent past
is there any h/o seizure
Are you taking any other medication

If all the above is No

Check for Thyroid function test
Vit B12 level

If found to be normal . Then probably you have Psedodementia due to underlying depression or Anxiety disorder.

Anyway do not get Panic. Meet your nearest neurologist and then a Psychiatrist . After evaluation you may be prescribed a Antidepressent and counselling.

All the best
Answered: Tue, 4 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor