Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Unable to poop, just sensation but nothing. What do you think ?

i have not be able to poop snitch yesterday and it hurts when i do have to poop and i feel like i have to poop but nothing happens when i do feel like i have to poop. this has happen to me before. when i do have to go to the bath room i am in their for awhile because i feel like i have to poop when i cant because it hurts. what do you thank i should do? from AAAAA
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
HI I am Dr.kadhir,

The reasons for the constipation could be as simple as inadequate water intake and fiber intake.

Taking plenty of warm water (2. 5 liters per day), fruits, vegetables and Fiber supplements if needed. Fiber supplement should be started in low dose and gradually increased , because it can lead to loose stools, abdominal cramps if taken in large doses.

If you still have difficulty in passing stools then it is better to evaluate as it can be due to simple reasons like rectal ulcer to serious abdominal conditions.

Laxatives like movicol or lactulose can be used, but only after ruling out other treatable problems. When you are on these drugs, the you should be monitored regularly for any side effects.

Thank you for the consultation in health care magic.
Answered: Thu, 29 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. E Venkata Ramana's  Response
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Hurting and inability to poop is due to constipation and with associated development of fissure in the anus.

For constipation take dietary rich foods like vegetables, leafy vegetables, and fruits in the diet.

Drink plenty of oral fluids and water.

Oral stool softeners like oral lactulose can be taken twice daily in prescribed dose for 3 to 5 days.

And consult the doctor for local examination to look for fissure which require surgical correction.

Hope I have answered your query.

Answered: Thu, 29 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor