Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Unable to live with partner. Want to run away. Is it depression?

I hate my life ... I LOVE MY CHILDREN but cant stand to be around my partner! He is sending me insane and I feel so down about our relationship. The expectation is far more than I can cope with, I cant do it anymore I scream all the time, sometimes I scream at myself, but mostly I scream at him ... I am surprising calm with the children. I feel suffocated and not clear in my mind .. my thoughts are always about running away, but I would never leave my babies.I want to run, run and run ... but I want to run with them in my arms .. I m dreaming about this, like a fugitive running all of the time. I think i am depressed ...but Im scared to admit that
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Hello andrea
thanks for your question
the problem you are having is really bad and I can understand it. You want to run of relation but in the mean time you love your children and can't leave them. You are trying to cope but are failing to do so, you are feeling suffocated and you just want to run.
See, when ever we are exposed to continuous stress be it physical or mental our body tend to get rid of this stress. But when body fails to do so we can develop behavioral symptoms, irritability, distress, crying spells etc.
It can not be labelled as frank depression but as per my opinion its Adjustment Disorder with depression like symptoms. So please try to believe in your self and spend good time with children. Try to talk with your partner if you can, regarding your problem. Some times we can avoid problems just by talking.
Try to remember your good time and try to get in same pace. Practice yoga or meditation for mental calmness. You can visit family physician for episodic control of anxiety.
Try to see life in a positive prospective.
I hope I cleared your doubt or you can ask question again
Answered: Wed, 20 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Nupur K's  Response

Welcome to HCM.

It is nice to know that you love your children. Never leave them, children need mother more than anything in the world. Life is a roller coaster, everyone in struggling. Do not try to run away from problems, find ways to solve them. Stress is a part of everyone's life these days, some can cope well while the more sensitive ones either get anxious, tensed or depressed.

Remember when life gets tough, the tougher get going. You are in this world for some reason, just relax and get control over your self.

Drink plenty of water, soups, juice to stay cool. Deep breathing exercises and yoga will help you relax and get rid of stress. Regular exercises and meditation will help you stay mentally and physically fit.

Work out your personal problems with your spouse, get stronger. Have confidence in yourself and stop behaving panicky. You can take the help of a counselor, both of you may need counselling.

If you think things are not well, don't get broken consult a psychiatrist and get diagnosed and treated well. Take natural mood elevators, anti-depression tabs should be taken only after consultation with a doctor.

Try your best to lead a normal life for your children. Take care.
Answered: Wed, 20 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor