Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Unable to impregnate wife. Semen analysis shows 60% abnormal morphology. What does it mean?

hello doctor iam jeba from kuwait we r planning for a chilid for last one year still we coudnt coneceive my wife i went for semen analysis test my resullts came 40% normal sperm morophology and 60 % abnormal morophology they doctor adviced to take Cap: Astaxanthin & Reduced coenzyme q10 in the morning and Cap: lycogold in the afternoon s there any problem for plz tell me doctor my mail id YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  205
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das

Look, as per WHo 2010, a normal semen should contain 04% of sperm of normal morphology.

So, as per this criteria, you do not have any problem with this.

Now, for this problem, i think you do not have to take any medicine.

So, consult with your treating doctor about the point I have mentioned.

Answered: Wed, 20 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor