Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Unable to hear what I speak, hearing perfect sometimes. Blockage in eardrum?

I have special problems with my right ear. The left one occasionally seems to join the right ear with a messing up of hearing on both ears. The right ear quite often goes to a point where I feel kind of a blockage of the eardrum . At its worst, I cannot hear my speaking outside of both ears. But people tell me they can hear me. It goes back and forth for different amounts of time. Sometimes the hearing is perfect - so it seems - in both ears. But it can quickly go to the point where especially the right one acts up strangely and occasionally the left one then goes squirrely too. Stan Webb
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi Stan,
This is Dr Savyasachi Saxena, ENT speciilist from India.
The problem that you are having could be because of various causes such as ear wax,fungal infection of the ear ,infection/fluid in the middle ear etc,-to name a few.
It can easily be diagnosed ,if you visit a local ENT specialist .He would examine you in opd and would be able to tell you quite precisely what is wrong in your ear.
He might also advise for hearing test like pure tone audiometry or tympanometry for better assessment.
treatment depends on the cause of blockage and would be given accordingly.
I hope this satisfies your query.
Have a speedy recovery.
Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor