Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Unable to have a child. Can I ask a doctor to check my husband s semen analysis report and give suggestion ?


My age is 28 and hasband's is 32. Married in 2010. I want to conceive, trying for last 4 months. I've already talked to doctor. My examination report suggests no problem with me. My husband's semen analysis shows as below :

Total Count = 65 million/ml, Motility = 70%, Non-motile = 30%, Morphology = 70%, Pus Cell : 3-4/hpf, RBC : Nil,
Epithelial Cells : 1-2/hpf.

Do we have any problem? Or what may be the reason we haven't been successful?

Please give me suggestion.



Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts and report of semen analysis of your husband that you have posted it appears that you have been trying for conception since last four months.
If there is nothing wrong with your menstrual cycle and ovulation the cause of you not conceiving may be due presence of pus cells in your husband reported in report of his semen analysis.
Please consult qualified urologist for evaluation and take broad spectrum antibiotics for three weeks and repeat semen analysis after completing the course of medications.and hope for conceiving .
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor