Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Unable to get proper erection. Any treatment?

My daughter who just got married in sept 2012. Has mention before that her husband is not easly turned on, and the last few times he wasn t able to get an erection , even when she went all out for a romantic evening on valentines day. She is 25. A virgin when they got married. He is 30, and he wasn t. I guess I m just concerned. And I am at a loss into what advice to give. I ve been married for 27 years and really I wish I can slow my husband down.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Hello nklein3
Welcome to HCM

Inability to achieve erection in a male may be due to a lot of reasons. As you have also mentioned that her husband is also not easily turned on so his libido may also decreased.

- Mostly in persons who fails to achieve proper erection, the reason which comes is psychological. Under conditions of stress, tension of work or anything, anticipatory anxiety of poor erection etc. individual fails to have proper erection. Some times when an individual fails to achieve erection he may become stressed for next time and anticipatory anxiety develops in him, ultimately he fails to achieve erection due to this anxiety next time and a cycle of stress and poor performance is formed. So to break this cycle your daughter has to work had. Advise her to engage in more and more foreplay. She can discuss with her husband to take medicines like Sildenafil or Tadalafil which help to increase performance. But under guidance of doctor only.
- Secondly get his testosterone levels checked, as low levels may be reason of poor libido and erection.

Hope I cleared your doubt.
Take Care
Good Luck
Answered: Fri, 1 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi,welcome to HCM, Cut down on smoking, alcohol, and illegal drug use.

Get plenty of rest and take time to relax.

Exercise and eat a healthy diet to keep good blood circulation.

Use safe sex practices to prevent HIV and STDs.

Talk openly to your partner about sex and your relationship. If you cannot do this, counseling can help.

Couples who cannot talk to each other are likely to have problems with sexual intimacy. Men who have trouble talking about their feelings may find it hard to share their anxiety about sexual performance. Counseling can help both you and your partner.

Regards , Dr.Sharmila

Answered: Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor