Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Unable to empty bladder on urinating. Urine test shows albumin, pus cells, RBC. Cause of concern?

Hi, I am XXXXXXX. I have some problems regarding while urinating, some thing like feeling not fully urinated even if I have completed urination . Today, I had urine test to check the presence of infection. The result is there is presence of albumin , 30-35/hpf pus cells, and 8-10/hpf red blood cells. I just want to know what can be the cause of this problem? Is this situation called albuminuria and is there any danger or problem in the functioning of my kidneys?
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  412
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Diabetologist 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HCM
yes it is urinary tract infection(UTI)
presence of albumin in urine is called albuminuria...but if it is in traces ,you need not worry because it stops when the infection subsides

Do you get UTI frequently?
because if it is so ,urine might of gone up in the urinary tract towards the kidneys and damages its tissue leading to scars....

what is your age?
any history or family history of diabetes and hypertension?
please get these checked up and take proper treatment
because in diabetes ,proteinuria is seen
and hypertension(bp) may also be due to kidney damage

dont worry
drink lots and lots of water ,it flushes the infection
take treatment if recurring
common problem with uti is when antibiotics are prescribed for 5 days or so,you start taking it and when you take half the course your symptoms subsides ,so you will stop the medication.
that is wrong .........
because though your symptoms subside some of the infection is still present which flares up after you stop taking medicine and it also causes resistance so that the antibiotic will not be effective when you use the next time(even if you take a bigger dose)

so take care ,talk to the doctor and take up all tests needed
get a ultrasound abdomen (scan )done if suggested.
take treatment depending on the pathology

hope i answered your queries
feel free to contact me for further queries
thank you
Answered: Tue, 31 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sourav Ganguly's  Response

Thanks for posting query.

You have urinary tract infection with urinary tract obstruction.

Albumin may be excreted in UTI also and for kidney function you have to do a blood for urea and creatinine test.

Consult a nephrologist/physician for further opinion.

Best wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly
Answered: Tue, 31 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor