Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Unable to empty bladder fully, frequent urination. Ultrasound scan shows cysts in kidneys. Treatment?

I am 65 years of age. I feel that I am unable to void urine fully and so am compelled to frequent urination . Urination is better while sitting. Ultrasound findings are mild prostatomegaly, 33 x 41 x 39 mm with a volume of 28.9 cc. PSA is ok. There is one cyst on each kidney , until ocular cortical cyst 14 mm in rt kidney and unilocular parapelvic cyst 44x46 mm in left kidney. Please advise on treatment.
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  133
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
The problems while passing urine could well be due to the enlarged prostate. See a urologist who can prescribe medications like tamsulosin which are helpful in this condition.
The renal cysts are usually benign and need no active treatment. We need to monitor their size by doing a yearly scan.
Hope this helps
Good luck
Answered: Sun, 18 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor