Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Unable to conceive, prescribed Folsafe, Reeshape and Glycomet. Help

I am married and have completed 2 yrs of my married life. And still i m not conceived. Lot of expectations from my family and relatives side i am not able to take it up. As per the Doctor concent i was asked to take the following tablets Folsafe, Reeshape 60 and glycomet. And i am taking this tab from last 1 month. please help. I hope you are able to understand my situation.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  713
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Dear mary.vidya5,
It seems to me that you have PCOS i.e. Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. This is not a serious problem in the sense that you are not really ill but you may be having any of these 5 features of PCOS, in alone or combination - obesity; no release of egg; delayed periods; infertility and male features like excessive hair growth on beard and moustache area, oily skin, acne.
The treatment prescribed by your doctor will help you in decreasing weight and in normalizing the insulin resistance. Give it 2-3 months more and you may conceive by yourself. Remember to have intercourse in the fertile period during this time. The fertile period is from 8th day from start of period for next ten days. Have intercourse every alternate day. Daily intercourse may decrease the quality of sperms in the semen.
To help you conceive you can also take egg releasing medicines for 5 days. Discuss this aspect with your doctor who will then prescribe it.
The chances of your conceiving are high so don't worry. Since the egg is released only once in a month, every time its not released or it has not been able to fertilize, you have to wait for next cycle. This may lead to great upset but if you understand the reason behind it, it makes it easier to wait for conception to occur month after month.
Hope this answers your query.
Answered: Sat, 1 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine Dr. Srividhya's  Response
By the medications prescribed to you, it appears you have poly cystic ovaries. I would suggest you to take these medications as per your doctor and try naturally for 3 months. If you are not willing for this, then you can try ovulation induction & Timed Intercourse( where tablets and injections are given for eggs to develop and at the time of egg release on scan, you will be asked try naturally). There is nothing to be so much worried about as many women have this PCOD problem and with minimal support you can get pregnant.
Answered: Sun, 2 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor