Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

128 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Unable to conceive, have regular periods, husband's semen analysis normal. Advised follicular test. Required ?

hi my self tanu barara . my dr. did test through my blood sampel (immunology-serology,haemotology, fertility capsule) its report was normal .my periods are also regular of 4 day. my husband semen analysis report was also normal now she suggest me usg fallicular on day 12 and tablet fertisure-f . should i go for fallicular test on 12 day or wait for 9 day of next month?
Tue, 8 Oct 2013
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Menstual cycle begins with menstuation i.e bleeding for the first 5 days of the month after that with the help of hormone FSH it rebuilds the endometrium and prepares ovaries to produce egg. In one cycle only one ovary produces ovum from the follicle which takes place on 14th day of the cycle. So doing the scan on 12th day will indicate the condition of your Follicle.
You are having regular menses which is a good sign but there are many reasons for not having pregnancy. you should try for normal pregnancy till 4 years after your marriage or if your age is going above 30yr age afterwards there are chances to have problems in pregnancy (most commonly Down syndrome). So my suggestion is follow as your physician says and try for IVF as it also gives good results but little expensive.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 's  Response
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.As you mentioned that every thing is normal including menses, semen analysis, so your doctor advise you clomifine (fertisue).
Your doctor is right , you should get in follicle study so that exact size of follicle find out .
If follicle mature and and burst and release ovum you can conceive .
This is the best method and time for follicle study after clomifine treatment.
Good luck. Dr. HET
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My doc prescribed the following tablet... 1) Fertyl ( once a day in Period for five day) 2) folvite- (once a day) 3) fertisure F ( Twise a day) My period is irregular. it s takes one or two months. We are trying for baby from last 2 years and have done HSG test ( Normal) also trying with follicular monitoring test. But not succeed. Now my doc told me change tab GoodOva Tab ( once a day in Period for five day) if its help me to conceive then ok other than doc suggest me for Laproscopy to find out what is real problem?and after that if IUI test. My Husband semen analysis test is normal. what should we do? pls tell me natural way to conceive. Thanks in advanced.

doctor1 MD

respected doctor i m 26yr old n my dh is 27..ttc for 9 months..not get we consulted a doctor and did all the investigations..everythng ws normal except lh/ fsh ratio which is usg ws taken on 8th day of my perds.. and it showed 18 follicles in my rt ovary and 12 follicles in my lt ovary..and a cyst measuring 3.8* 2.7 cm on my rt ovary with low level internal periods r very regular..29 days cycle..and having dysmenorrhea on my 1st and 2nd day of my dh semen analysis wer normal...sir pls tel me whether dat cyst is due to endometriosis ..and whether i hav pcos..what wil i do next

doctor1 MD

have been married for many years without baby. blood tests/ ultrasound seem OK for both me and my husband for semen analysis . my prolactin sometime goes high. my husband temperature (hand, feet) remain high, not sure why. I did hysterscopy two months ago as there was some polyps. what is time frame for conceiving normally after hysteroscopy . any other advise?

Recent questions on  Blood test

doctor1 MD

my crp is 28.46 mg/L. ESR is 50mm/hr. urine test result: WBC/hpf:25-30, RBC/HPf: 3-4, Epithelial cells: 6-8. the increase in crp is it because of urinary infection . one and half years ago i had infective colitis and then my crp wasraised to 113. and it was treated fully. now because of the increase in crp whether i have to go for endoscopy

doctor1 MD

My husband is 27 years old. He feels restless all the day. He sweats and snores at the night. His report show high rbc count as 7.05 mln/cub m.m. , mean cell volume is 62.4 fl, mean cell hb is 20.3 pg, rdw cv is 16.3 %, sgpt is 67 iu/l, serum triglyceride is 161 mg/dl. Please elaborate what does all indicate to and what should we consult with a doctor. Please help.

doctor1 MD

Dear Sir,

My mother has been suffering from Kidney disease. She never had any problem with BP or Blood Sugar but he has been declared to have bilateral renal parenchyma disease since 2005.

She is taking a calculated diet limiting the salt content in the food to 3 gm/day. The recent blood test conducted (2 months back) has reported bad results and the details are listed below:-

Creatinine - 7.5

Hemoglobin - 8.1

Blood Sugar (Fasting) 88 mg/DL

Urea - 150

Sodium - 131

Potassium - 4.2

What should be the next step? Is kidney transplantation the only choice? When/where should it be done? Is it getting very worse or we still have some time to go for the transplantation?

Please help.

Thanks, Kunal


doctor1 MD

Hello, about 13 days ago I drank alot of alcochol and I have been dizzy with a slight headache since then. I have been to the doctor he said it is probably liver intoxication, that it will go away, that was a week ago. I did a bunch of blood tests everything seems normal accept my hep B anti hps was 93. This happened about 2 months ago as well, the doc gave me, b6 dramin (portuguese), which I took for a week and the dizzyness went away. Any clue what it could be? Is this normal because of alcohol consumption? I have drank alot in the past years, never had this happen before.

doctor1 MD

I am having sinus pressure and I recently had pneumonia . I do use salt water rinse. Today I kept falling asleep. I got up and ate dinner but tonight I am again fighting to stay awake. I saw my Doctor yesterday, she did a blood test . Thank you, XXXX

doctor1 MD

My ESR Test Result: 30mm/hr in 1st hour and 2nd hour 60mm/hr why it’s come like can you please explain. Last 2 weeks on word i ma getting itching .what the reason The doctor has started working on your question. Once the doctor submits the answer,...

doctor1 MD

I have pain in my upper right hand side of my chest, feel sick after eating, and get really hungry, and thirsty. Could this indicate esophageal cancer or gallbladder problems?