Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Unable to conceive, done follicular study. Advised Oosure. Help

Hello Dr. Im 26 yrs old and my husband is 29 yrs old. We are married for 2 years.we do not hav a child yet. Initially i had honeymoon cystitis and was adviced not to conceive for 6 months since ecoli was 10 million count. Then we postponed another 6 months. later the starting of the second year when we wished to hav a child i was not able to conceive till date. i hd my follicular study done twice. once i hd 18*20 and endometrium was 11 mm on 17 th day. next it was 16*15 on 15 th day and on the 17th day it collpsed. we planned for IUI when i had my second follicular study. we did not go with the procedure, since my dr dvised not to go ahead. one more thing. my husbands semen analysis once said that vol:1.75ml,liq time:30 mins, sperm count:41.50 mill/ml, active:60%,sluggi: 10% non motile:30%.This ws done on 14th jan,2012. Immediatedy on 20th jan,2012, semen analysis showed vol:2ml,liq time:30 mins,sperm count:20 mill/ml, active:10%,sluggi: 50% non motile:40%. Again on 26Sept,2012 his semen anlysis showed vol:2ml,liq time:30 mins,sperm count:56.20 mill/ml, active:40%,sluggi: 20% non motile:40%. And the dr hs advised him some tablets before before the lst analysis was done. but he didnot consume the tablets but had the semen analysis showed good improvement. i was advised to have oosure this time.please advice me on this....
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  219
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Regarding semen analysis, its normal to have fluctuations in count & motility. Count appears normal overall. Its ok even if he takes no treatment. Regarding treatment for infertility, first you can check your tubes by HSG & if OK can go ahead with superovulation with IUI in consultation with your doctor for sooner conception.
Answered: Sat, 6 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor