Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Unable to conceive. Taking injections to increase follicle size. Scan shows ruptured follicle. Did ovulation occur?

Hi.. I m trying to conceive from past 6 months. My doc is giving me injections to increase my follicle size. I had my follicle scan on cd 12 and the size was 16. I had one more scan on cd 14 and the report said the follicle had ruptured but the size of the follicle was 14. What does this mean? Did I ovulate on cd 14 or I did not? Can the follicle still have a size even if it ruptures? My email id is YYYY@YYYY .
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  400
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Well,the follicle might have ruptured evidenced by free fluid in the pouch of douglas.Clinically ,many times you feel a dull aching pain on lower abdomen during follicular rupture.The follicle of 14 mm might be a new follicle that has come up.Even the follicle ruptures , sometimes you can measure it , but the margins are irregular.the third possibility might be human error.
I think I have answered your query.good luck
Answered: Thu, 8 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor