Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Unable to conceive. Multicystic ovary syndrome. Testosteron and other hormone normal. Sperms fertile. What to do?

hi ,i am advocate kaushik. my wife & me wants a baby, but we have in some trouble ,because my wife have an abnormal or irrregular she can t ovulate regularly. my wife gyne suggest me follicular study& pcod test ,in which the doctor finds multicystic ovary syndrome .because my wife testosteron lavel is reached upto the lavel of 81.0& other harmon like insulin , prolactin ,thyroid ,Lh , Fsh is negative . my spermatic fluid test is also goodhaving good concentration of fertile sperms.After taking four months medical cure ,we have get no positive result . please ssuggest me what we do . ....... Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 24 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi Gaurav,
To control polycystic ovarian syndrome, first thing should be weight reduction.
If even after weight reduction periods are irregular,then medications are started.
After taking medications if periods are regular,then wait for at least one year.
Even after one year if she does not conceive, then you should be worried & should think about another options like IUI, IVF.
I hope your has been answered.
Answered: Sun, 26 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Diabetologist Dr. Madhuri Patil's  Response
Aug 2012
Hi Kaushik,

The clinical picture is certainly that of PCOS. But what has caused her ovaries to go polycystic and where from the testosterone being produced in excess- the ovaries or the adrenal glands- you need to find out. You have mentioned that LH and FSH and thyroid profile are fine. If your wife is on overweight to obese side, or having excess, male pattern body hair, you might want to get a few more tests done- like overnight dexa suppression test, 17- OH-Progesterone test. For this, better to see an Endocrinologist once. Good luck.
Answered: Sat, 25 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor