Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Ultrasound shows hypoechoic mass in uterus. Have prolonged periods. What to do?

my ultrasound report shows a hypoechoic mass measuring 2.1*1.1 cms in the anterior aspect of the uterus and i have prolonged periods. my doctor prescribed me antibiotics and some medicines to stop bleeding and i was asked to dont worry about it and was advised to take a scan after 3 months to check the size. i am only 30 years and have two children . i am really worried and dont no what to do? should i take it seriouly.i am anemic too.this is the first time i am having prolonged perios and then was scanned .please reply me
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
The association of prolonged periods and the hypo-echoic mass are suggestive of uterine fibroid. Since it is smaller in size now, the findings should be reviewed as advised to plan further management. The prolonged bleeding naturally leads to anemia and you will need supplements for that. Fibroids are the commonest uterine tumors that are benign and need intervention when they cause trouble like pain, excessive bleeding, pain and infertility. Do not panic; there is much treatment available for complete cure of your problem. Take proper medication and sufficient nutrition and rest and get regular follow up. Wish you good health.
Answered: Thu, 22 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor