Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Ultrasound shows Prostate Enlargement. Why do I feel full bladder?

Greetings Doctor! My Ultrasound (whole abdomen) shows Grade 1 Prostate Enlargement, weighing around 25 g. Do I need to get PSA test done? In the past 5 to 7 years, almost once in six months, I get the feeling of full bladder , but have difficulty in urination . When this happens, I need to spend around 15 to 30 min in the wash room where I need to urinate continuously in small quantities. I get the relief after 30 minutes or so.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
From the description of your symptoms it looks like the enlarged prostate is causing some obstruction to the flow of urine.
At this point it is advisable to do a PSA.
I would also suggest that you see a urologist who can prescribe you medications like veltam which eill provide symptomatic relief.
Hope this helps
Good luck
Answered: Sun, 1 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor