Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Ultrasound showing fibroid and cyst. Will the birth control pills help in treating this?

My name is Diamond I m 23 I recently went to the doctor for a check up I had a ultra sound and they said that I have a small fibroid and a very small cyst . The doctor also said that I should start taking birth control and that it will help my cyst go away. Is that true? Also the birth control he put me on is Loestrin , will that cause my Fibroid to grow? Please advise
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Functional ovarian cysts are a common gynecological problem among women of reproductive age worldwide.
Since early oral contraceptives were associated with a reduced incidence of functional ovarian cysts, many clinicians inferred that birth control pills could be used to treat cysts as well.
Yes you can take Loestrin to reduce ovarian cysts.
Answered: Fri, 2 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor