Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Ultrasound report shows small multiple follicles on ovaries, polycyclic ovaries. Help?

My ultrasound report shows the following: both ovaries show multiple small follicles suggestive of polycyclic ovaries...right ovary measures 2.74x1.90 cm. left 2.70x1.83 period is regular every 28 days..I am 36 just got married and trying to conceive but that due to the polycyclic ovaries of mine...thanks
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  168
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi, welcome to HCM.
Polycystic ovaries is a treatable cause of infertility. It causes obesity and insulin resistant which leads to oestrogen progesterone imbalance leading to failure of ovulation.
You need good monitoring of hormonal treatment from board certified gynecologist. It is treatable cause so you no need to worry too much. Just keep follow up.

Best of luck.

Thanking you.
Answered: Mon, 25 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor