Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Ultrasound during pregnancy shows mild pelvictasia on both sides in the baby. Serious?

My wife is 19 week pregnant and today we did one ultra sound scanning. In the report they mentioned one point which is related to fetal kidneys which shows mild pelviectasia measuring 3.5mm on both sides. Is it make any problem for the baby later? can u please tell me about the seriousness of this problem? Anish - From bangalore
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  107
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for your query,
No, in mild pelviectasia usually the outcome is good there occurs no problem. It is a relatively common condition.Fetal renal pelvis dilatation needs close follow-up during both ante-natal and postnatal periods. Treatment is required only when kidney function is impaired or the kidney becomes greatly enlarged.
Best of luck and take care..
Hope it helps you
Answered: Tue, 11 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor