Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Ulcer formation in posterior region, redness behind erythematous after rinsing with undiluted chlorhexidine. Medicines?

Iam 42 yrs old man, few days back i visited dentist he asked me to take chlorhexidine mouth wash without diluting in water i used it ,the next day my oral cavity is affected,in the posterior region of palate there is an ulcer formation and the region behind became erythematous (red),i feel difficult to eat can you suggest me what medication can i take
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  305
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
you haven't mentioned the cause for which you visited a dentist and the reason he prescribed you a mouthwash. aphthous ulcers may from due to stress , gastric disturbances or any allergy. so you will have to rule out the cause of the ulcer. you may try stopping the mouthwash though allergy to it is quite uncommon.
have multivitamin tablets and heathy diet.
Answered: Thu, 25 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Ankita Goel's  Response
Orahelp gel to be applied at ulcerated area 2 to 3 times a day, Avoid hot beverages n meals, use Cold stuff to eat, even tea, coffee, milk should be cold. Rinse your Mouth with warm saline water. Hope within a couple of days you would feel better. God bless........ take care
Answered: Wed, 24 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor