Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Ugly and crowded teeth, causing pain. Age less to use braces. Any alternative?

I have a problem with my teeth . They are beginning to get ugly and crowded and this is beginning to cause pain . What is bothering me is that my dentist said that I will not be able to have braces for another year or two and I would really appreciate it if I could get them sorted sooner. My mother has ensured me that she will speak to my dentist about getting braces earlier but I highly doubt that he will allow it since I am only 12. Please help!
Asked On : Thu, 10 May 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  326
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dentist 's  Response
first of all you need to undergo series of extractions since its a
Case of need to get your few teeth removed that will
provide space and then braces will be fix to position your teeth
utilizing the the age of 12 braces can be put on.

I would advice you to see your dentist and get your extractions
done atleast as a lead.
Answered: Mon, 10 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Orthodontics Dr. Rachna Dubey's  Response
I have read your problem, I think,you must have visited dental surgeon not orthodontist. Because 12 yrs age is ideal age for braces.If you are in trouble, he or she can plan treatment according to your age , like through serial extraction,by extracting permanent tooth, by grinding some areas of tooth. Now a days so many options are available like preventive ,interceptive treatment aspects.Orthodontist can only treat you better.
All the best.
Answered: Sun, 9 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Amit Sharma's  Response
hello, yes you can go for orthodontic treatment with tooth repositioners.. lots of options are available inthem and they are ideal for 12yr/mixed dentition stage.. this will ease out your pain.. if the pain is due to traumatic occlusion...
you should consult an orthodontist , he will take few radiographs( lat ceph /OPG) and impression to assess your exact clinical status and possiblity of type of malocclusion and its causes whether dental or skeletal..
If proper treatment is given then the malocclusion doesnt arise at all as tooth will be reposition at exact /guided place as soon as it erupts..
serial extraction can be considered in few cases.. dont worry at all..
maintain your oral hygiene by use of dental floss,anti-septic mouthwashes and brush twice daily as the gum problem and caries mostly causes pain in crowded dentition..
you will soon have a healthy and perfect smile.. take care.
Answered: Mon, 2 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor