Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online


Hello, My Father is 83 Years old and is under medication for Heart Disease for more than last 20 Years.Recently he is experincing uneasiness( little breathing Problem) in the Chest early in the Morning before wake up. Immediately he puts the Medicine under the Tung as adviced by the Dr. and it gave relief to him from the uneasiness.During the day he is ok and again the Uneasiness repeates in the Next Day Morning. Doctors examined him saying that it was due to blocks in the Heart. I am seeking advices from the Expert Panel of Doctors for my below queries. 1.Will medication only can give complete relief for My Father at this Age? 2.Is there any Treatment other than the so called Angioplasty ? 3. What is the Best Treatment adviced for him at this Age? Kinldy Advice. Regards, Unni.
Asked On : Fri, 9 Jul 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  454
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi .....welcome to HCM...I have gone through Ur details .,these are common symptoms of Heart disease patients, here Ur father age is important.., not advisable for any procedures on heart, if heartblocks are not severe , keep on medication.,consult expert cardiologist and go accordingly..ok.
Answered: Sun, 16 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Anesthesiologist Dr. Shivakumar. M. C.'s  Response
Hi Unnikrishnan,
your father is suffering from ischemic heart disease due to blocking of coronary vessels, cold in the morning he is having uneasiness due to vasospam, it is ideal for him to undergo angioplasty as soon as possible. As sorbitrate only causes symptomatic relief.
Take care
Answered: Mon, 17 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
I would advice that he should echo cardiogram done know the left ventricular functions acessed as the symptom you are describing might be related to weakness of heart, which would require diuretics rather than the nitrates under the tongue. If he is not already on full set of medicines and the highest tolertaed doses for blokages there is always scope for change, increase or adding new drugs. and most of the patients do well it.
Answered: Fri, 9 Jul 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor