Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Typhoid fever in children, what is the diet to be maintained ?

My child is around 7 years old. For the past 3 days , she is suffering from diarrhea, headache, body pain and light fever. When I checked with doctor , it seems like symptoms of typhoid. Can it be a Typhoid, if it is so what is the diet to be maintained and can she take a solid food like milk rice or curd rice. Please advice me.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Nov 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  1007
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Pediatrician 's  Response
It is not necessarily Typhoid. Other gut infections may cause similar symptoms.
Preferably get a stool test both routine and culture done. Also if possible get a blood culture done for typhoid. The test reports will help to ascertain the proper diagnosis and treatment of your child.
Answered: Tue, 10 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
I am not sure if the answer is helpful or not, my son too has recently shown the symptons but I hardly can tell is they are the ones people claiming to be or not.

Anyway, I am taking him to a doctor for diagnosis. I trust what Dr. had to say.


Answered: Fri, 6 May 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Prasad's  Response
Dear Sangeetha,
The symptoms are too early to be presumed to be that of typhoid unless there is proof by blood tests. Hence I would't suggest you to consider them as a typhoid infection, if blood tests are negative. Viral infection can also have similar symptoms.
Nevertheless, continue with the medications as suggested by the doctor. Avoid spicy food and solid food... Plenty of fluids is recommended... Report to your doctor or post them here if there are any further problems...
Answered: Fri, 26 Nov 2010
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
from symptoms ony it cannot be said its typhoid. it may be gastroenteritis.get his stool test done . also blood test for widal . accordingly drugs will be given by doctor.
Answered: Thu, 12 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor