Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Type two diabetic. Taking glimy, jalra, riomet. Blood sugar test done. Treatment?

Iam Dm2 patient for the last 15 years none of family (father,mother,brother) are diabetic. Presently my sugar is not controlled with following medicnes my sugar fasting level was 240 Glimy- 04 pioglit -30 Jalra- 50 morning Evening Riomet-1000 Riomet- 100 my doctor has changed jalra -50 to TRAJENTA (LILLY) 20 days back my fasting level is still 180-200 kindly suggest.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  120
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and thanks for writing in at HCM
According to your mail you have almost tried all type of oral diabetic drugs but are not able to control your blood sugar level. Now you have to shift to Human Insulin to control your diabetes. Consult your doctor and adjust the dose of Insulin.
With the medication it is very important to change your life style and diet chart:
1. Reduced your weight and maintain it according to your height.
2. Do regular brisk walking for about one hour daily
3. Avoid fatty, oily, junk and sugary food
4. Use baked food as much as you can.
5. Use very less oil for preparation of vegetables
6. Take your medication at proper time.
6. Take small amount of food in multiple doses (5-6 times in a day)
Follow the precautions and hope that after some time period your sugar level may be controlled by oral drugs only.
Best Wishes
Answered: Thu, 2 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor