Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Type 2 diabetic, high BP, depression problem, 60 yrs old. What should I do now ?

thanks! I m type2 diabetic, w/hbp, mental disorder:ptsd, to be specific, and have since Aug. been incapable of preparing to get to my drs. appts. They want to do an eeg , and I have copd also...I guess you could say I m a mess! I also suffer from deep- seated depression ( issues that go back to 1959, that are unresolved), and am now 60 yrs. old. Who do I really need to see at this point?
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Diabetologist 's  Response
Meet a Psychiatrist not the psychologist and have confidence on yourself and motivate your self. stress and depression can increase your blood sugar levels and blood pressure so keep yourslef happy and do meditation and walking daily for atleast half an hour a day. you can walk at any time of the day not necessarily in the morning. min of 150 mins of walk in a week. never insult your self by saying that you are a mess. you are winner who conquered for 60years. Go for EEG and PFT also take medications regularly on time. incase if your sugar levels are high and your doctor wants to put you on insulin dont hesitate to take insulin
Answered: Tue, 27 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor