Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Two year old with pale face and dark circles, should i be concerned ?

my two year old daughter has von willabrands. for the past two weeks we have noticed her face stays pale oll the time and she has dark circles under her eyes and from time to time have noticed little red spots all over her skin . should i be concerned?
Asked On : Fri, 13 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  816
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
presently you should take your baby to haematologist and get check up and haemoglobin level and other tests required
she needs some urgent treatment it seems from your description
Answered: Fri, 13 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response

its a hereditary coagulation disorder.first of all to what type she belongs to?

There are four hereditary types of vWD described - type 1, type 2, type 3, and platelet-type.if she is type 1 then usually she will be leading a nearly normal life. but she has to avoid nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as aspirin or ibuprofen, without talking to your doctor.only proble when she will grow up may have excess menstrual bleed and bleeding during surgery.if type 3 is severe form.normally normally require no regular treatment, although they are always at increased risk for bleeding.Blood plasma or certain factor VIII preparations may also be used to decrease bleeding.drugs like desamino-8-arginine vasopressin (DDAVP) can be given to raise the levels of von Willebrand factor, which will reduce the tendency toward bleeding.disease is passed down through families, Therefore, genetic counseling is dont worry. only you have to take some precautions like certain drug avoidance and prophylactic measures before minor surgical procedures. hope this information will be helpful to you. take care
Answered: Fri, 13 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor