Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Two periods in 2 weeks after change of place, first period with light flow and mucus. Have protected sex regularly. Miscarriage?

I just moved, so this may be stress related but I m on my second period in about two weeks. The first period occurred a couple of days after I moved and was very thin and combined with mucus . My period seems to have started again today. I m not on the pill , but I was having regular sex with condoms with my boyfriend before I moved. Should I take a pregnancy test? Did I just miscarry?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  256
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
Although it's always a little concerning when your usual menstrual pattern gets disrupted, this situation doesn't necessarily mean you have a serious underlying problem, and if you haven't had any condom failures, it's unlikely you're pregnant. However, since there's no way to be 100% certain that a condom didn't have a defect, it's reasonable to take a home pregnancy test. (By the way, if you've miscarried your HCG level may not be high enough to trigger a home pregnancy test.)
Presuming the test is negative, there are a number of factors that can cause irregular periods, including ovarian cysts, thyroid disease, severe stress, illness, endometriosis, a significant change in activity level or body weight, obesity and certain medications or recreational drugs. In most cases, menstrual irregularities are transient, and the majority of women who experience such episodes resume their normal pattern within a cycle or two.
If you're not having any other symptoms (pelvic pain, fever, chills, breast tenderness, severe headaches, nausea, etc.), you may just want to watch things for another cycle to see if your bleeding settles down. If you are having other problems -- or if your irregular bleeding persists -- see your GYN for an evaluation.
I hope that helps!
Answered: Tue, 6 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor