Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Two and half year old child, loose motion, stomach pain. Medicines not helpful. Advise?

hi doctor,my son 2 and half years old having loosemotion from 3 days.i already consuit a doctor on the first day but he said no antibiotic is needed and he gave me the medicine for omiting and digesion.but now onwards mu kid is sufferng from losse motion and and stomach pain doctor.iam afraid now doctor.pls give me an advice.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

The mainstay of treatment is diarrhea is to monitor and maintain hydration of the child.

Give sips of oral rehydration fluids like Pedialyte, coconut water, and lemon water to maintain hydration.
Monitor his hydration status by his activity, urine output, and skin turgor.

I advise you to give stool for investigations like routine examination, microscopy, and for culture to see for the presence of any infection.

Continue the medication as advised by your Pediatrician and consult again for further evaluation and investigations.

Hope I have answered your query.

Answered: Thu, 9 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

If you are concerned, have a second opinion - to be sure
Get the stool analysed...
The most important aspect of treatment of diarrhoea is rehydration / easily judged by sufficient urine output / several over the counter Oral Rehydration Solutions (ORS) are available..

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Thu, 9 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor