Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Twisted foot, x-ray normal. Still having pain, stiffness in foot. Suggestions?

Hello, I twisted my foot about 6 weeks ago, my foot went downward. it hurts around the bone on top of my foot, i had an xray that showed no broken bone. i can walk on it. in the evening it hurts real bad and it wakes me at night. my foot seems real stiff at times and hard to move. it hurts when i go up and down stairs. should i see another Dr. for it? my family Dr. ordered the x-ray .
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
It seems that you have suffered a soft tissue injury of the foot due to the twisting. Even if there is no bone injury, provide adequate rest, avoid weight bearing, take a mild pain killer and do a hot fomentation in the area for relief.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Wed, 21 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor