Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Twisted foot, ankle injury, popping sound, swelling, numbness. Medical attention required?

Hello. I fell down the stairs early Sunday. My foot twisted while going down i landed on my ankle and heard a pop sound. I have been staying off of it for 5 days now but out is still swollen and goes numb. It don t hurt much but it feel funny. It feels like my foot from the ankle isn t hook to my leg when its off the floor. Should I have it check out or just stay off it
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  243
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The symptoms you describe are likely to be due to a bone injury. Since the weight bearing on the foot is painful, it is necessary to get an X-ray of the injured area done to find out the extent of injury you have suffered. Till then keep the foot elevated on two pillows.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Wed, 7 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor