Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Twisted ankle, shin injury, black and blue discoloration, walking with pain, burning sensation. Treatment?

I fell down three outside steps and my ankle twisted a little and got the corner of the bott step. I also got my other leg at the shin by a corner of another step. They both instantly got black and blue and was stiff. I can walk with some pain. Also driving by pushing gas or break pedals hurts. 3 hrs later it is starting to burn .
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Angel,

I am sorry that you had a fall and sustained this injury.

Looking at the scenario that you have described, I would suggest you to be examined by a Primary care physician. Check if it requires an x-ray to be done.

You need to take simple analgesics like Tylenol thrice daily for next 2 to 3 days for the inflammation to subside. It is available over the counter.

Meanwhile, apply ice packs every 3 to 4 hours to the areas that are black and blue and are turning stiff.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Hope this helps.

Answered: Wed, 11 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor