Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Turned to alcohol, my eyes and head hurt and I cry for no reason. Is it due to depression?

Hi, Is depression a medical condition that should/can be treated even if its temporary? The reason I ask is I have had a few stresses recently (work, boyfriend away, boiler broken so no heat or hot water) and I m tired all the time, turn to alcohol, my eyes and head hurt and I cry for no reason! I m sure it s all because of recent events and ill get over it and would rather do anything other than take medication but am worried that I won t be able to snap out of it! Can you offer any advice? Thank you Shelley
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
I can understand your situation. I appreciate your effort to seek online support.

You have probably "adjustment disorder" which can consists of depressive symptoms. It occurs within few months of onset of a stressor and symptoms are gone once the stressor is over. Since you have depressive symptoms, you might some need some antidepressant drugs along with psychotherapy/counselling sessions and relaxation exercises like deep breathing, yoga or meditation. Consult a psychiatrist for detailed evaluation and management.

Hope it helps
Good luck
Dr. Gourav Monga
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Sun, 7 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor