Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Tumor in leg, diagnosed as hemangioma, advised surgery. Where in India can the surgery be done?

Hi, I am a student from Bangladesh. My younger brother (12 years old) having a tumor at his leg. Local doctors declared the tumor as haemengioma. Now, we feel that, there is not enough facilities for the surgery. We want to have this surgery at India.......... can you suggest any specialized doctor/surgeon. Thanks Said Rahman
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Sfahim,

The condition of hemangioma don't requires a big surgery. If the diagnosis is confirmed and it is hemangioma only and its size is also not big enough that it is causing some problem and there is no other complication associated with this than I think it can be done in you country only.

ou may be surprised to know that many small, superficial hemangiomas often disappear on their own with any treatment. And those requires treatment are mainly in the form of laser therapy with steroid injections or just steroid injections.

Now if some one has suggested ou to have surgery may be because of some other thing or this may be very big and causing some complications.
If you want this surgery in India you can come to New Delhi and there are many big private hospital where this can be done. You can also take the appointment online for various hospitals before coming.

Thanks and take care.
Answered: Mon, 8 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor