Tummy cramps, vomiting, diarrhea, smelly stool, mucus and bloody stool, spasms. Is it gastric?

Hi, my 3yr old son has been having severe tummy pains for around 3wks now. Last monday i took him to our GP who said he is probably Coming down with a tummy bug and will no doubt start vomiting or have diarohhia. Although that evening whilst standing doing a wee he strained slightly & poo d lots on the floor, which upset him as this is VERY unusual. Although the start of the stools was solid the rest shot out quite loose & smelled fowl. I was actually happy as believed This was the start of his gastric bug (felt better for knowing why he had pain) but then that was it no more loose stools & no vomiting but the spasams started again & on and off haven t gone. Yesterday he had his pre-school injections so when he woke with pain in his arms & complaining of tummy ache (again) i put it down to that. Then earlier he went to toilet & whilst wiping his bottom i noticed quite a bit of blood & whiteish mucus . Looking at his stools in the toilet they were covered in the white mucus. It was normal consistancy. I am worried sick now & he has been very pale in colour for few weeks also & not wanting to eat much saying he is going to be sick. I have called my GP & am awaiting a phone call. Please help. He is my 4th child (my baby) so i m not usually a paraniod mum! Lesley
Tue, 5 Mar 2013