Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Tuberculosis since 6 years,treatment over,old scars on left and right lungs

i am 31 years old and i live in Myanmar. I always wanna to work aboard . But i had the TB around 6 years. I had finished all treatment . But i had old scars left & right lungs. How to remove the scars from the lungs please let me know if any possibility to remove the scar from the lungs. I mean that for pills or another treatment. My english is so bad . Sorry God bless u .
Asked On : Fri, 16 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  504
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pulmonologist 's  Response
God bless you too. Old scar/shadow on the chest X-ray is quite common. So long as you have a certificate to state that you had full treatment for TB in the past from a qualified chest doctor, you should be able to travel and even work abroad.

The scar unfortunately will not go and there is no treatment for scars in the lung. It is just about proof to state that you do not have TB bug anymore in your body. Skin test will not help, so don't do that if someone recommends. Once you have a job offer, you can obtain a certificate to say that you had so many months of treatment and you are disease free. Some parts of the world will possibly not accept due to poor understanding, but most western countries will do. Best wishes !
Answered: Sat, 9 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor