Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Trying to get pregnant, bleeding between periods, family history of endometriosis. Advice?

I have a friend that has been trying to get pregnant for a few years now, she has been put on the fertility medicine clomid three times with two pregnancies that didn t make it past 10 weeks before she miscarried. Each time the doctors could find no discernible reason for why she miscarried. She has had problems with bleeding between periods and passing clots now for approximately 8 years. After stopping the last round of fertility medicine she started having a few hours here or there bleeding and clotting. She went to the doctor yesterday and he advised her uterus was the size of being three months pregnant but there was no baby and that is why she was clotting, but he had no idea why this was happening. she does have a family history of endometriosis but has been tested several times for it coming up negative. Her mother also suffered from hyper- ovulation . She has been to see multiple specialists without anyone being able to tell her anything other than her test results all say she is perfectly healthy and should be able to conceive without a problem and carry to term, and are not sure why she has these others problems.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Hello Kimberly,
well, i can find that your friend has two miscarriages in the first trimester and her uterus is big than expected,.
i think she need to do an transvaginal ultrasound scan to know why the uterus is big and certain other tests such as a diagnostic hysteroscopy and laparoscopy to find out any structural anomaly such as a septa or a myoma or adenomyosis,former two are correctable causes of pregnancy loss. A myoma /adenomyosis of uterus can cause heavy flow with clots . She can also undergo an thyroid profile and antiphospholipid antibody titre of her blood.
Well good luck and don't get disheartened.
bye, take care
Answered: Thu, 18 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

in this type of case ayurveda medicines and panchkarma treatment like VIRECHAN and BASTI can help.
if you need further guidance, feel free to mail me

Dr. Pradip Hira
(Ayurveda Consultant & Panchkarma Specialist)
Answered: Tue, 16 Oct 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor