Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Trying to decrease weight, increase height. Workout suggestions?

i am 22 yrs old....i weigh abt 74 kgs....m trying to lose weight but at the same time i wanna increase mh height by 5cms.....i am 155cm dad is 165cm and my mom is 158cm.....f there is any wk i can increase my height by 4 to 5cm plz let me knw the possible grandparents from both the familes of my parents were taller
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  150
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Height increases because of growth at the ends of long bones. They stopped growing around 18-19 years of age in male, due to hormonal influence on body permanently. No allopathic or ayurvedic medicine (self acclaimed) can increase your height as you are already 22 years of old. So, do not get trapped with them.

Complex Surgical procedure like ilizarov method can increase height. But it is costly, difficult and prolong procedures (take months).

So, do not get frustrated and accept your height as god had given you. Try to work on your personality and weight to look more attractive.

Wish you all the best.

Dr Ashish Kumar Mittal
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor