Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Trying to control weight and hair loss. How to decrease TSH level?

hi my name is Darakhsha I am 19 years old Girl, i have been struggling to control my weight and hair loss but all in vain recently my doctor told me to get my tsh checked my reports results are: TSH (Ultrasensitive), serum by CLIA : 14.77 Prolactin , serum By CLIA : 12.64. what does that mean. My doctor told me to decrease my TSH level as soon as possible but how can i do that , The doctor has prescribed me Thyroxine Sodium Tablets can this help me or should i so something else to reduce my TSh levels.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  153
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
High TSH levels indicate you are suffering from hypothyroidism.
Patients suffering from hypothyroidism suffer fom tiredness,weight gain,constipation,dislike of cold etc.
Your doctor has rightly prescribed thyroxine tablet which will help in replacing the deficient thyroxine on your body.
Keep getting the dose of thyroxine adjusted after estimating TSH levels every 6 weeks.You should always be under the guidance of your treating doctor.
It may take some time before final dose is adjusted.
There is no shortcut way of normalising your TSH levels.
It will definitely take couple of months for TSH to get back to complete normal level.
Answered: Thu, 13 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor