Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, unsuccessful, irregular periods after marriage. Prescribed antibiotics. Will they improve fertility?

m married since 7 months my husband goes out of city mostly , starting 2 months w lived together m still not pregnant i started some irregular menses problem after marriage .. my previous few months menses dates are below 7th jan 2013 17 nov 2012 15 oct took doctor advise and some tabs 20 aug lit amount 11 july lit amount 3 jun lit amount 23 may 20 april
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das

Look, your symptoms are quite suggestive of polycystic ovarian syndrome.

What you have to do are

1. Do an ultrasound scan of whole abdomen to find out any abnormality.

2. Do a hormonal study comprising of estrogen, progesterone, LH, FSH, etc.

3. DO a thyroid profile test to rule out any possibility of hypothyroidism.

Lastly, consult with a gynecologist for the above mentioned points.

Answered: Sat, 19 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic

For irregular periods,consult a gynecologist. You need to undergo certain blood tests for hormones and a ultrasound. If results come out to be normal then you can try making sexual contact at the time of ovulation to increase your chances of conception. Time of ovulation can be predicted by calender method or by ovulation detection kits. Most important is you and your husband should be together at the time of ovulation.

Take care
Answered: Sun, 20 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Infertility Specialist Dr. Mahesh Koregol's  Response

Thanks for your query.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

You seem to be having PCOS based upon history.

I advice you to undergo transvaginal scan to check PCOS. It is difficult to conceive by staying together only for 2 months. You have to try for atleast one year before being investigated as infertile.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any follow up queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Answered: Sat, 19 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor