Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, unsuccessful. History of irregular periods. Will taking folvite help?

Hi doctor my name is XXXXXX ,I just want to no does folic acid (generic for folvite tab 1mg with multivitamin tab ,helps u get pregnant cause I m trying and I never been pregnant I m 28 years old .if not can u please tell me what should I do or take . Also I have a irregular period so please help me I stress my self out about this crying everything just don t no what to do anymore . My email is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there,crying or getting depressed about anything is never a solution to any problem. You have to approach your infertility problem in a more methodical manner. First get your husband's semen tested and if that is within normal range then you should visit a gynecologist and get yourself evaluated. Your irregular period may be the clue to the problem and its to be investigated and treated if possible. Folvite as such does not help in conceiving and is just a vitamin, but it does help in the proper development of the early fetus when you concieve. So no harm in taking those tablets but they will not help you concieve. Get profssional help for your problem and do not try to self treat.Take care and best of luck.
Answered: Mon, 10 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor