Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, suffering with PCOD, have ruptured egg, advised intercourse, prescribed susten. What is its function?

Hi i had 2 miscarriage and after taking scan it has resulted in pcod .my doctor first gave me treatment to regularise my periods and after that i got my periods and then on the 5th day of my period she have me some fertile tabelt after which some scans and injections were taken, now my doctor said that the egg has ruptured and she has asked me to be in contact with my husband. meanwhile she has asked me to take sustene 200 mg and she has asked me to observe if i am missing my periods and then come back to her. what is the purpose of taking sustene? if i get conceived will everything be ok, there will not be any miscarriage na?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  297
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Endocrinologist 's  Response
Dear Ms Joyce,

Susten 200mg is progesterone which is used by infertility specialist to help maintaining pregnancy and fertilized egg. It is very difficult to answer your question about miscarriage. Please discuss with your OB as we cannot predict the possibility of miscarriage

Answered: Mon, 23 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor