Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive since years, have mild pcos, hair on face and body. Guidance?

hi, i recently got an ultrasound done and it says my ovaries are prominent in size. both ovaries shows few follicles of 4-7 MM. possible pcos . i want to know do i have pcos. although an endocrinologist diagnosed earlier that my pcos is very mild as i do not have much facial hairs or hairs on leg.I am trying to conceive since three years now but not succeeded once. also 3 years back my ultrasound revealed that my uterus was anteverted which is normal and measures 77mm x 30mm x 44mm. while this recent ultrasound says its anteverted, in midline and measures 63 x 31 x 29 mm (smaller) in size. so i want to know is it normal or has it gotten worse than before and if yes then what should i do to cure it. thanx for your response and any help would be a great one as i am trying since 3 years. please help me :-(
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for your questions.
Firstly , PCOS is not diagnosed based on ultrasound only.
3 factors are taken into consideration :
1. Ultrasound findings of PCOS .
2 . Irregular/delayed periods or signs of anovulation
3. Abnormalities like increased hair, glucose intolerance etc.

You need to consult an Infertility specialist at the earliest.
Mild interobserver variation in ultrasound is normal, and your uterine size appears to be fine.
You need to get complete testing for PCOS done in the form of complete blood count, viral markers, FSH, LH, adrenal and thyroid hormone profile, glucose tolerance test, etc.
Also, your partner's semen analysis is a must.
You must confirm your ovulation by follicular sutyd.
Your tubal patency should be checked.

If you periods are irregular, and you are having PCOS, you might need drugs to induce ovulation, and help of ART ( assisted reproductive technology ).

Please take care, and do not waste more time.
Answered: Tue, 5 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor