Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive since one year, unsuccessful. Causes for infertility?

Hi I have been trying to conceive a baby with my partner for over a year but nothing seems to be happening , he already has a little boy so it can t be him that is the problem. I m just worried that I can t conceive and I am to scared to go to the doctors , I am 21 years old and extremely shy when it comes to talking to doctors face to face . Have you got any advice ?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Hello madam,
Well if its more than a year since you are trying for a conception, you need to be evaluated.You can have a planned intercourse between day 8 to day 18 of your cycles , followed by progesterone support in the second half, for another 3 months.If you still don't conceive,then please go for a HSG ,to see if tubes are fine.Though your partner has a son, still there is no harm to do his semen analysis now.keep me updated ,
i think, I have answered you.
bye,take care
Answered: Thu, 6 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor