Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, second child, overweight. Ultrasound shows subseptate uterus. How is this condition overcome?

i have been trying to conceive for 30 months. I am 32 and have one child now (12). I m a little overweight but otherwise healthy. I was recently informed I have a subseptate uterus . Is this a condition someone is born with or can it happen later in life? why wasn t it detected in my first pregnancy? Could this be the reason we have not conceived?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  71
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi keila
Subseptate uterus is congenital malformation means inborn one,
during pregnancy,size of uterus increases,but,size of septa remains as such,
so,it may be possible that it was not detected in your first pregnancy.
In most of the cases,septa increases frequency of abortion,but rarely,it may be responsible for infertility
Take Care
Answered: Tue, 17 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor