Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, prescribed iron, folic acid for anemia. Had c-section followed by miscarriages. Chances of full term pregnancy?

HI I am a 29 yr old female who has had 3 c sections. I have been told my uterus is attached to my abdomen all. I have been trying to get pregnant with my new partner for a yr now. I have had 3 miscarriages and been put on iron and folic acid for folic acid deficiency anemia . will it ever be possible to get pregnant and Carry to term?
Asked On : Thu, 31 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  92
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi, after three caesarean sections and further three miscarriages ,another pregnancy can be hazardous for you. After each caesarean section and miscarriage it is highly likely that the walls of your uterus may have thinned out and there are high chances of rupture of the previous uterine scar during the last months of pregnancy or labour. This pregnancy would definitely require another caesarean section to avoid rupture of uterine scar during labour. And caesarean section this time around can be highly complicated due to the adhesion of uterus to abdominal wall. So another pregnancy is not advisable for you. However if you are keen you can consider in vitro fertilisation followed by implantation of the embryo in a surrogate womb.
Answered: Wed, 16 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor