Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, missing antibody for Rubella. How can i get this vaccination?

Hi Doctor, I am 32 years old, I am trying for kids from past 2 years. On Diagnosis, I was told that I am missing the Antibody for Rubella . I am told to get this Rubella Igg Vaccination , but NHS in London are taking Long time to give me the vaccination. Is there any chance If I can get this vaccination at India (Bangalore)? As I will be travelling and will be there for almost a Month. Can you suggest me how I can get thsi vaccination? Thanks, Jyothi
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello Jyothi.
Rubella vaccination is available nowadays in any good chemist shop.
However after rubella vaccination you need to use contraception for 3 months.
Pregnancy is contraindicated for 3 months following rubella vaccination to avoid damage to fetus.
Hope this helps,
Dr Nilofer
Answered: Fri, 8 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor